View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 12, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

After a brief wander round , with no further purchases being made we set off in our quest to see the Hollwywood sign, having googled the best place from which to see it – safely and correctly entered into the SatNav.

Its about 4pm and the SatNav takes us on a very bendy route up to the viewing point , we do get excited as we round the corner, thinking we have really scored here coming on this residential route – to turn the corner and see that had we come the other (sensible way) with its nice wide road, that this is clearly marked out for all to see that its an oservation point. No matter, we got here first time round and another very nice English family even take our photo for us . Job done, sight ticked off list.

First we need to refuel , as its running very low and we don’t fancy the walk. Incredibly the SatNavs “points of interest” includes petrol stations and it takes us straight to one – its almost forgiven its previous misdemeanours. We drive past here on the way – we didn’t get to go in as we picked Universal over the WB studio tour.

Its around 5.30 when we get back to the hotel and drop the car off for our walk to the strip. Its busy as expected and having foolishly left the guide map as to where each star is , we are left to our own intuition to find the ones we want to see. I do though concede that I just cant be bothered to walk all the way to Vineland to see the Duran Duran star. Its not as easy as you think negotiating all these people while looking downwards !

We get hussled by some of the lookylikeys and Jamie discovers that he is in fact taller than some people, a fact which delights him being on the rather shorter side of life. So we snap away at lots of stars – they all look pretty similar and after a while the novelty does wear off – as does the business of negotiating peoples feet– I wonder when people get given a star if they are then disappointed to find it’s a long way off from the main strip ?

I found this very poignant - an army recruiting station at the end of the Boulevard

We have loads of snaps of stars - they all look pretty much the same !
I can see the sun has reflected off some of them - I am by Elvis Presley , my childhood hero, and Connor is by Bob Marley, long story but relates to a hat I once made him wear as a small child, for which I am eternally reminded ...

to be continued as I have to get the kids out of bed

Edited at 06:58 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List