View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 12, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

The restaurant is much quieter as we roll out at 1.30 , all feeling slightly overstuffed and a bit sick as we hit the sunlight.

An Old Key West bus is waiting for us and as a stroke of luck as we pull into Hospitality House we see the Alamo courtesy shuttle –which we are about to book for ourselves so being cheeky we ask if we can hop on board and after a quick check, we are good to go. We have to wait for the Riley family though as they booked it – but after 15 minutes they don’t show so we get taken on our own – result !

Alamo is very efficient and Andy chooses a nice shiny red Chrysler. I will leave you to work out how 5 people, 6 cases and assorted hand luggage all fitted in this on our last day. It was, shall we say, an interesting challenge.

By 3pm we are back at OKW with our shiny car and so now have the choice of whether to go by bus or spend days going round in circles using the car and satnav. And of course, we choose the car because its got to be quicker and more reliable than the buses, innit ?

Andy sets off to Walgreens as he has some nasty mouth ulcers ( and he wants to drive the new car very fast without me nagging him, and he thinks I don’t know this is his plan). We chill out in the Villa and I try to contain my excitement at doing the ironing.

Andy is back at 4.30 just as it starts to tip down with rain. We need have tickets for Cirque at 6pm so think that leaving at 5pm will be plenty of time on the bus. And we wait and wait and at 5.35 Andy is on the verge of getting the car when the right bus arrives but of course the roads are busy and its tanking down with rain so its all super slow.

We get off at the Pleasure Island stop and don ponchos while at the same time executing a “light jog” trying not to slip over in the pooling rain. I also realise that white top in the rain isn’t a clever idea and wonder if my bright blue shorts are going to run and I am going to end up looking like a Smurf that fell in the washing machine.

We arrive at Cirque at 5.50 and just enough time to get some popcorn and take our seats. No pics allowed which is a shame. Its quite a spectacular show. I am not sure which is my favourite part – I loved the trampolining, the boys liked the stunts with the bikes and the diablo spinners . The Acrobatics and theming is quite amazing . Andy enjoyed it so much he nodded off but fortunately didn’t snore too loudly.

We are out at 1940 and DTD is busy – it’s a Saturday night and we hadn’t really thought about what that would look like. Having woken up, Andy is a bit tetchy and finding somewhere to eat is presenting a challenge but we finally manage to get a table at Cookes of Dublin where some fish and chips soon restore his humour. We have 2 lots of fish and chips, I get a chicken pie and Nick has a cheeseburger( for a change). Jamie is stuffed full of popcorn so doesn’t have anything. We also get a fruit cup and some brownies. Total of 4 CS credits , with drinks and comes to a value of $47. Its all very nice, except there is a lot of pastry on the pie and that makes it a bit dry.

DTD unsurprisingly looked the same as it did last night so no need to repeat the pics !

We feel much better after our food but a bit tired so its on the bus back to OKW but not until Jamie manages to spill his popcorn all over the pavement. Happy birds tomorrow then. We stop at the store in OKW and get some Donut Holes for breakfast,mm mm healthy.

We have had a great day , we did lots of things in Future World at Epcot, had a scrummy lunch at Le Cellier, picked up our car , watched the stunning Cirque Show, had a nice CS meal in DTD and it doesn’t feel like we raced around like loonies to fit it all in.

A quick tot up and we realise that after only 48 hours we are already some 13 Snack credits and 2 CS credits in “surplus” – its going to be a lot harder than we thought to eat all this food !

There was no satnav sabotage today, but tomorrow more than makes up for it, no shopping either .

DDP count - 5 TS in Cellier and 4 CS in Cookes of Dublin
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List