View Single Post
Old 14 Oct 12, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

chopstick cheat alert !

The meal was 5 TS credits with a value of $187 and a $31 tip .

Suitably stuffed , we amble out and decide to explore some of the WS before staking out a spot for Illuminations.

We have reserved the preferred viewing spot but there is some discussion bout exactly how long everyone can be bothered to stand around waiting. Anyway , we head into Karamel Kuche and make up for the disappointing dessert with some sickly purchases. Jamie and Nick buy toffee apples and bags of werthers (really?) . I get a caramel and chocolate pretzel , which is quite dry and not as mouth-wateringly yummy as I had hoped.

the boys debate which werthers are in fact the yummiest

the anticipation of impending illuminations is too much for Connor to cope with

The heavens open and we are forced to take shelter in the Xmas Dec shop while it passes. We have a look in the stores in Italy and France , by which time it is definitely raining intermittently and there is the poncho dilemma – put it on and keep dry on the outside but sweat to death on the inside. Don’t put it on, still sweat to death as its just darn humid and also get soaked at a second’s notice.

We never seem to learn that fireworks and our family just don’t mix. We do love them but the whole hanging about waiting for them is a major pain – as evidenced at Fantasmic and World of Color earlier in the holiday. We are keen to see these ones as our last attempt to see Illuminations was marred by a spectacular family meltdown on our last trip, the likes of which I am sure Norway has never seen since

Keen to avoid a repeat of that , we are watching from the other side of the lake, just in case anyone remembers us

Deciding to settle in for the long haul and that being seated for an hour is in fact a lesser eviil than just aimlessly wandering around and then having a crap spot anyway, we get a seat in the terrace at the side of the Rose and Crown and get some drinks – which last us a very long time. We had checked with the CM on the way in and he had said we were good to stay here as long as we liked – I am surprised more people didn’t pitch up earlier as it all became a bit of a bun fight with half and hour or so to go before the main event. The boys go off to explore around the area and come back with a suitable stock of sweets to keep them going. Its starts to fill up around us and we are pleased that we decided to have the seating . It rains on and off but not really enough to warrant full poncho wearing.

Illuminations is over quickly though – we thought it was much longer and fell a bit let down. This is not one that we would make a return visit for again.

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List