View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I think the biggest thing here is be prepared! Sea sickness meds are really good these days and definitely get some. The patches are meant to be the best although I've also used the bands.

I got Sea sick last Christmas on a cruise (first time I've ever actually been sick from it) and it was bad for two days but then settled down. This was from Fort Lauderdale to the Caribbean. The seas were rought just in the stretch leaving the US and I had a room in the bow of the ship.

Also the larger the ship the larger the stabalisers. Now 700 is still small in the grand scheme of cruising but it is a larger ship that you sailed last time. You also sailed one of the roughest areas water wise and Alaska does tend to be a bit smoother (although when it crossed to Japan that's where it can take up some rough seas).

You really can't tell if you are going to get rough seas or not. I've sailed the Caribbean multiple times and never got sick before last year. Its really just pot luck on some of these.

Definitely invest in some sea sick meds. I've not tried tablets but have brought patches (for my October cruise that was subsequently cancelled) to go with my sickness bands.