Old 5 Aug 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 2

I woke up early and immediately tried to re-arrange our car hire with BA (to pick up in Tampa) which ended up easier than I thought and we also received a day’s refund which was heartening. Maybe our luck was changing...

Feeling much better after a nights sleep we bussed back to the airport which we found to be a really modern well equipped airport with plenty of food options. We opted for Chick Fil A for some breakfast and made the most of our $12 vouchers!

Sausage Breakfast biscuits for DW and I and a bacon one for DS, hash browns all round and a supply of warm chocolate cookies which were superb with Orange juice.

Excellent breakfast made all the better for being free.

We flew onto Tampa (which I think included loads of delayed travellers like us) which was a much better airport than MCO in all sorts of ways and with no immigration to clear we were on the mono rail to the car lot in no time and picked up our car. We then had a fairly stress free journey to our home for the next two weeks at the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

We had stayed here previously and on check in found we had been upgraded to a premium 1 bed apartment which was fantastic and made us feel so much better. We had lost our first day, which included fast passes at our fav park at HS, however the holiday definitely started here!

Now fairly peckish we headed to a new one for us at the Texas Roadhouse along the 192. We used the Call Ahead Service and on arrival were seated instantly before the throng of people waiting for a table. After the rolls to start we used a voucher for a free Cactus Onion Blossom which was tasty but huge.

I chose the Dallas fillet which was superb and one of the best off site steaks I have ever had. The sides were pretty good too (topped steak fries and a bowl of chilli) although there was way too much and I couldn’t finish it.

DW had the Boneless Buffalo wings which was an appetiser as a main and added loaded fries as another appetiser. Again way too much food and she had to admit defeat….

DS had a bacon cheeseburger with fries…

With tip and drinks this came to $67.

We then popped to Target and got some supplies which is always an enjoyable hour before a quick trip to Disney Springs to collect our free Toy Story Magic Bands.

Feeling settled in and happier we shuffled off to bed at 11.15...
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019

Edited at 09:47 PM.
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List