View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
The 1200 Mile West Coast Adventure - August/September 2018: Day 15: You good?

Day 15: You good?
Monday 3 September 2018

Breakfast with Mickey and friends at Storyteller’s Cafe at the Grand Californian and travelling home

Index

Our last day! We had an early morning reservation at Storyteller’s Cafe in the Grand Californian for Mickey’s Adventure Breakfast. This was a fairly new breakfast choice which replaced the “Critter Breakfast” they had there previously.

Our breakfast reservation was for 7:30am, so to allow more last minute packing time, we got an uber over which cost us about $5.

The Grand Californian didn’t look particularly “Grand” as it was having some refurbishment work done and there was lots of boards up at the entrance. I have to say, we did look in to staying here but it would have been literally over double the cost of the Courtyard by Marriott and I don’t remember it saying anything about the refurbishment works when we were doing a dummy booking and would have been pretty annoyed if we were staying here.

Inside was very pretty and cosy, you could tell it was the same architect as Wilderness Lodge; I imagine its beautiful at Christmas time.

Storyteller’s Cafe was gorgeous inside. We checked in and were seated within about 5 minutes.

We were given a booth and our server explained what characters would be coming to visit us. It was a great time to come as it wasn’t very busy and it meant the characters all came round in fairly quick succession and spent a little while at each table.

The food was actually a brunch so had a fab selection of breakfast and lunch items.

Agua fresca

Pastries

Granola and “Cereal milk” (milk which has had cereal put in it to flavour it which was bagged up individually) pretty random…

Meats,cheeses and salmon

Cereals

They also had french toast sticks with hazelnut butter sauce, which where incred

My breakfast selection!

Campfire potatoes, sausages, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy.

Our server kept us topped up with so much coffee and orange juice I thought we were going to pop!

She kept popping over and filling up our drinks and saying “you good?” literally every five minutes

She was really sweet but we couldn't stop giggling after she left as we had predicted she would say "you good?" again.

Our first character was Pluto

Sorry about the picture quality here, I’m not sure why its like that!

Poor Imogen was mid-mouthful when Minnie gatecrashed our breakfast!

Here’s Dale!

Aww Mickey’s teddy dressed as Mickey’s dog!

Then Chip came to say hi and Izzy took a cute selfie

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate

Edited at 12:00 AM.
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List