View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 19, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
This is what concerns me too . I'm surprised there hasn't been more up roar in the US? Unless I'm missing it?

Even way back in 2008 when we bought in, we were told points could be moved around but had to equal the same number of points in total for the year? This doesn't seem to be the case now?

There aren't many views of that guy's website and no comments? (Unless you need to be signed in to see them?).
There is a loophole that the points allocation is based on 2 beds rather than the separate lock off portions. The only exception is the few rooms which are dedicated studios or 1 beds (I think Beach Club?). The cost of a studio plus 1 bed is higher than the equivalent 2 bed, which makes sense when you consider the additional costs of managing 2 bookings rather than 1. This is referred to as the lock-off premium.
If you look at the charts you should see that 2 bed changes are as you’d expect - some seasons have gone down to balance others going up. DVC technically haven’t changed the number of points required to book the resort as it is declared (ie the 2 beds). Instead they have increased the lock-off premium which is really sneaky.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List