View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 13, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disney Magic Cruise August 2013

Well here goes with our trip report on our 1st Disney Cruise.

There were numerous discussions about booking this Cruise as we had never Cruised before and we unsure if it was for us.

We are all mad on Disney and were desperate to go to Florida but couldn't really afford it this year. So desperate for our Disney fix read a few Trip reports on here to read up on Cruising. Well they all sounded really good so we decided to book.

Travellers are DH Nigel

Myself Sally

and DD Rebecca aged 12 1/2

Travel Day 7th August 2013

I woke up at 0430 and realised I had not packed my dress for the formal night on the Cruise, so that kept me awake for hours. We finally got up at 0800 when we heard Rebecca's alarm go off, no idea why she had set her alarm as we didn't really need to be up early. We had breakfast and then all showered and dressed. I had to pop to the local shops to pick up a prescription and we decided to treat ourselves with a cake from Greggs for elevenses. I did the online check in at 1115 whilst we were having coffee and printed the boarding passes.

We left the house at 1200 to head to Heathrow, we were on the road for 10 minutes when we got held up by an accident for 20 minutes, it was a lorry on fire, that was a great start lets hope for a clear run from here in. We got underway and thankfully it was plain sailing from here on in.

We stopped at Leigh Delamare at 1400 for lunch we had taken some ham rolls with us, so we had them and and set off again at 1430 and the roads were pretty clear. We drove on until we reached Reading as we wanted to refuel ready for the journey home we got there at 1520 and left again at 1540. Now on our way to Heathrow the traffic was getting heavier and we finally arrived at the Sheraton Skyline Heathrow at 1620. We are leaving the car here for the duration of the holiday, the car park was jam packed and we drove around twice before finding a space they were like gold dust.

We checked in to the Hotel and were allocated room 1059 on the 1st floor at the back of the hotel. This Hotel is very nice it even has a pool and a restaurant around it. I would definetely stay here again if we travel from Heathrow again.

We had a king size bed I'm sure all three of us could have slept in it. Rebecca was happy with her bed. We all showered and changed ready for our evening meal. We had intended on going to a local Beefeater but as the car park was so full we decided to eat at the Hotel. The Restaurant was called The Sportsbar, Rebecca had a Chicken Burger, Chips and a Coke

I had a Burger with Bacon and Cheese, Chips and a San Miguel

Nigel had Cajun Chicken, Chips and a Stella.

Because I joined the Sheraton Club, we had 10% off our meal and a free drink each, when the bill came they had forgotten to take the drinks off the bill so I pointed it out good job I checked it. Overall the meal was very good it came to £42.10.

We then went for a walk down Bath Road to walk off our food as we were all very full, we walked to The Marriott which was next door that looked very nice.

After our walk we decided to have a Starbucks I had a flat white, Nigel had an Americano and Rebecca had a Hot Chocolate and a piece of Chocolate Velvet cake she just had to have cake as she had no dessert after her meal, I don't know where she puts it all.

We went up to our room at 2100, Rebecca started to read her book whislt I started writing up my notes.

Lets hope I can keep this one going as I failed miserably on the last trip we did. Oh well it's 10 o'clock time to sign off for tonight and to go to bed.

Flying Day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 151.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	50573   Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 281.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	50574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 133.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	50575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 129.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	50577   Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 137.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	50578  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 138.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	50579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 139.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	50580  

Edited at 04:47 PM.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List