Old 19 May 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
MANNYS CHOPHOUSE 192

We’ve never had the chance to visit Mannys before so we were really looking forward to this. We have settled in at Encantada resort after moving from Universal. Mannys is just up the road from our resort so was the logical choice after unpacking and settling in into new resort.

I used the “call ahead” feature and rang to say we would be there in 10 minutes. The car park was very busy as we pulled in and there were a few people milling around outside. We checked in, said my name and were shown straight to a booth.

Rightaway we all liked the atmosphere and style of the restaurant. Our server came over and gave some menus and answered any questions. He was very friendly and pretty good throughout the meal but he did disappear at one stage for ages when we wanted some drinks.

The kids and Kelly were happy drawing on the paper on the table.

The menu was huge and again our eyes were bigger than our bellies. We keep on making the same mistake by getting appetisers but we couldn’t resist!

Kelly had the French onion soup which she said was absolutely lovely.

Lily wanted onion rings and these were fantastic. We all shared these.

Evie had mozzarella sticks. She enjoyed them.

I went for boneless hot chicken wings. These were huge! Really tasty but I left a couple due to fears of not being able to finish my main.

We were then given salad. We were a little confused if we ate it now or saved for our main. We saved it but to be honest wasn’t something we really needed. It was good though but we didn’t really want the egg in it.

For mains Lily had the chicken nuggets and fries. She didn’t really eat much again.

Evie had the chicken teriyaki that came with rice. This also came with another side and she chose fries. She really liked this.

Kelly had salmon which again came with the rice and another side and she chose and loaded baked potato. She thought this was lovely.

I had to have a steak. The only choice for me. I went to the 14 ounce ribeye. Cooked medium rare. I chose loaded mash as my side. This was good but if I’m being completely honest it still wasn’t up to the taste of the steak I had at Longhorn on our last visit.

Overall a fantastic meal. Wouldn’t be surprised if we end up back here again at a later date on this trip as it is so convenient for us and it’s really good. The service was good as well.

Overall this came to $130 including a 20% tip. Fantastic value compare to onsite but once again ordered way too much. We will learn about appetisers one day I promise!

Edited at 08:35 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List