View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

ESTAs are all done. One minor panic when I went to retrieve the group application and it couldn't find it, but then I realised I had used my first and middle names on the group application name, and then it found it and they were all approved. Technically Joe and I didn't need to renew just yet, but they would expire before we go away in August, so might as well just get them all done at the same time.

Also tried to work out how to get to the airport and back. It's Gatwick, which is our closest airport. It's no good asking anyone for a lift as there are 5 of us. So that left 2 options - 1) Minicab. 2) Ask one of our best friends who lives basically next door to the airport if we could park on her drive, which we have done before.

1) Was not massively expensive. 2) We ruled out because it's around Xmas and it's a bit unfair to ask as they will probably be busy, and we wouldn't want to ask her to pick us up from the airport on New Years Day early in the morning! Plus, we want to use her drive in August when we go to Florida and don't want to keep asking...

Then I realised that I could probably just park at the airport as its only for a few nights. So I had a look. £54 for long-stay, or £68 to park in the short-stay opposite the terminal. Short stay sounds easier, so that's all booked!