View Single Post
Old 18 May 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Whilst I understand your reasoning and you’ve actually saved money which is great. Thomas cook should weather this storm in the short to medium term.

They have reasonable liquidity holding more than £200m ( held £150m to 200m in the winter and it’s strengthened since - May 7).

The 1.45bn loss included an accounting mark down on the purchase of MyTravel. The actual loss was closer to £300m which is similar to the liquidity so workable.

The CitiGroup announcement is to be expected . Hedge funds holding short positions are going to want the share price to drop.

I have flights booked for 30/6/19 and although the situation does make me nervous , the accounting ratios that I could find , whilst not great, don’t look like a company imminently about to collapse. They will need to sell the airline and probably close a lot more stores as well though
Sequoia Lodge 2006,Sequoia Lodge 2008,Sequoia Lodge 2009,Old Key West 2010,Sequoia Lodge 2011,Old Key West 2012,Old Key West 2014,Royal Pacific Resort 2016,Anaheim 2016,Sequoia Lodge 2018,Beach Club 2019
Bugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List