View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

A new house, airport hotel is booked and lots of shopping!

So given that it has been quite a while since I started this pre-trip report I thought I would pop by with a little update. It certainly has been a busy couple of months since I was last here, mostly as since then we have moved into a new house! All very exciting and Charlie is absolutely loving all the space he now has! We are also very excited to have a garden to play in this summer!

Also the new house has finally given us the perfect cupboard to store the many novelty glasses we have collected from our trips over the years! (Those of you who have followed my reports in the past will be well aware of our novelty glass obsession… here they all are in all their glory! And the good news… there is still room in the cupboard for more!)

So back to the important stuff… our upcoming trip! In reality there isn’t too much to update on as we are currently in that in-between period where there isn’t really too much that can be sorted and you are impatiently waiting for the ADR window to open up!

One thing that has been sorted is the airport hotel for the night before we fly. As with previous Orlando trips we have opted for the Premier Inn at the North Terminal. We find the location here perfect, and it will be even more so now since Virgin fly from the North Terminal! We currently have two rooms booked on the flexible rate of £99 each. I am keeping an eagle eye on the saver rate to see if it goes down nearer the time (it is currently sitting around the £75 mark) and if it does drop I will cancel the flexible rate rooms (at no charge) and book the saver rate instead.

So the plan is to travel up to Gatwick on the Friday evening, take advantage of Virgin’s twilight check-in and then stay over at the hotel ready to fly the next morning. I absolutely love staying at the hotel the night before you fly, for me it totally starts the holiday a day earlier! It will also be great to get rid of all our check-in luggage plus the car seat the night before so we can stroll over with my less baggage the following morning with our boarding passes in hand!

Along with booking the hotel I have also been busy shopping… because let’s face it, it’s never too early to start holiday shopping!

I won’t share everything (as there is already quite a bit!) but I thought I would include a few photos of the more special bits I have picked up from independent sellers on Etsy.

First up… ears! I already have plenty of ears but that didn’t stop me buying more! The first two new pairs I bought back last year from Luby and Lola, a favourite seller who I have many ears from. I couldn’t resist these two designs, the Buzz Lightyear pair will be perfect for a trip to Toy Story Land at DHS!

My next two pairs are from a new seller I have recently discovered (who is also a fellow Dibber), Characterful Crafts. Jen is truly very talented and creates the most beautiful and comfortable ears. I messaged her with a hope of some Spaceship Earth inspired ears and she went to the trouble of sourcing the material to make them happen… I am so excited to wear them in Epcot!

I also got an extra pair for Joan for her birthday which was a couple of weeks ago… as you can she the was absolutely delighted with them!

With all these new ears I was thinking that I would need some way to transport them over to Orlando… so when I spotted these beautiful personalised travel bags by Fairytale Sparkle I of course ordered one straight away!

Whilst on Tabitha’s page I also couldn’t resist this super cute t-shirt, a must for wearing in Magic Kingdom!

The t-shirts don’t end there… these two beauties came from Rock Paper Sisters (the Buzz t-shirt to wear with the Buzz ears of course!)

And then finally a Hollywood Tower Hotel design from Closet Geek (so yes we will have to have at least two trips to DHS to allow me to wear this one there too!)

So I think that brings me up to date with the shopping spree… no doubt there will be more to come! And I do promise I haven’t just been buying for myself, Charlie’s Orlando wardrobe is coming along nicely too… although at a slightly slower pace as I am always questioning what size he will be wearing in 6 months time!

The excitement levels really are starting to ramp up now, we are fast approaching the 180 day mark and whilst we don’t plan on booking too many Disney restaurants I am still very excited to get the ones we do want secured… more to follow on that soon!

And with that I shall bid you farewell for now, thanks as always for reading along and for all the wonderful comments that have been left so far!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List