View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ice Queen Elsa
Looking for my Ears

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and taking time to reply.

We had previously tried the "after school" approach before but this wasn't considered suitable by the school.

Whilst they do have some after school clubs, children have to be signed up for these clubs and due to her age she wouldn't be able to, say, sign up for football club so the person taking the club could hold her back for ten minutes or so. Often they have out of school sports coaches/teachers coming into the school to hold these clubs.

I'm not sure whether the school would allow one of the other parents to take our grandchild out of school/pick up. We were once told we couldn't collect our older grandchild from the same school for a hospital appointment, in spite of the fact that it's a village school, in the village where I grew up and two members of staff were my neighbours. I think the member of staff was just being awkward to be honest. I've received several phone calls in the past (more than one occasion) asking me to collect my niece from the school when her parents couldn't be contacted and I wasn't on an official contacts list, they just knew me and had my number because some of the members of staff know me and it was more convenient to them on that occasion to have me collect her than have a sick child in school. Not that I minded in the slightest, better to be cared for at home if ill, than in school, but my point is, if they objected to us collecting my grandchild for a hospital appointment as we weren't the parent, they may not allow another child's parent to take them home, if you get my drift?

There aren't actually many villagers in my grandchild's class attend the school, so another problem with another parent collecting my grandchild would be having a spare car seat in the car.

We've previously tried to liaise with the school to try and find suitable to solutions to particular difficulties but their approach seems to differ to many of the other schools we've dealt with previously.

For me, it would be easier not to approach school when it's so busy. My eyesight is very compromised but finding a solution doesn't seem so easy.

Thank you all.
Ice Queen Elsa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List