View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rebecca_ View Post
Sorry to hijack your thread but I came to ask something similar. Fairly certain we're going to rent points for May 2022 now. Hoping for 2 x studios at BWV/OKW/SSR (in order of preference). I'd prefer to use a UK member instead of Davids just because of the uncertainty with the exchange rate etc, but not sure where from? Is it just a case of posting a request on here or a Facebook group? Or would it be safer to do it via a rental site?

Also, can anyone advise approx how much per point I should expect to pay? We'll need around 240 points altogether for our stay - on the 2022 deals thread I think £12pp was mentioned, is that about the going rate? The rental sites I've looked at are $19/$20pp I think.
Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Thank you so much for this - very helpful. I have the same question as Rebecca too - how does it work buying from owners over here - how do you find them? thanks
There is a request section in this section of the forum and a FB group where you can post too. As travel restrictions ease (hopefully) I would expect 2022 points to be back to $17/£13 point even from private renters.

Edited at 02:19 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List