View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
I am a member of cruise critic and know what you mean lol. I take your point about paying crew a decent wage so as not to have to rely on tips. Back to the same old, same old, discussion about wait staff in the US and paying them a decent wage for the same reason. How many people would want tips added to there account/bill? Would service then decline. The prices we pay in tips for a decent meal in Disney make my eyes water lol but as you say when in Rome Now when I book anything I just add the gratuities/tip on automatically so I know exactly what it costs. I am a regular visitor to Vegas and nearly all hotels charge a "resort fee". This can be $35 plus tax a day. You cant opt out of paying. Now if the room is $100 a night I just work on $135 a night. Its customary to tip in the US and I just accept that ... or dont go lol
Yes, I know what you mean. Tipping and resort fees are very consistent across the US. Tipping/gratuities across cruise lines and even within cruise lines depending on itinerary is very inconsistent. All my blathering (in a non-heated way) on this thread won’t change a thing, but I do think cruise lines exploit their staff, especially the lowest paid.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List