View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We went on Friday to use this voucher - it was a mixed bag of an experience...

The Good - the food was great. I had the Chilaquiles which tasted great, my eldest son had a burger which he really liked and the youngest enjoyed his chicken sandwich. The portions were also very big. The prices were also great especially after the deduction of the voucher.

The Bad - the service was truly dreadful. It took about 20 mins for our drinks order to be taken. It was then another 20 mins before they turned up - well 2 of them, the lager I ordered took another 10 minutes and I had to ask where it had gone..

The Ugly - did I mention the service? Despite having a dedicated bar with 2 staff and no customers, getting a beer was difficult. The first one was taken to the wrong table after a lengthy wait. The second one again took around 20 minutes (by which time I had finished eating and was ready to leave) and again did a tour of the restaurant before I managed to catch the attention of the waiter so he could bring it to our table.

There were about 8 staff. We went at 3.30pm and it wasn't that busy. I am not sure if it was just our waiter or general incompetence - the bar staff brought the beers so it might have been a team effort.

Overall - if you don't mind waiting then I would recommend Hash House. The food was really good and it was excellent value for money.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List