Old 11 Mar 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disney with the Dufflers - Take 2 - July 2019 - Pre Trip Report

Hello again everyone

Welcome to my fifth trip report here on the Dibb. I often wonder what I did before this site came into my life...

For those already familiar with me and mine, welcome back

For those that haven't read one of my trip reports before, feel free to have a gander at our previous trips.

Zip a dee do dah - The Bagley/Mollet family trip - May 2011

This was our first trip as a family of five. We stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and we upgraded to the full Disney Dining Plan. It was awesome.

Tracey & Neil's Epic California Adventure - June 2012

This was my first holiday with my OH, Neil (now husband). We travelled up the Pacific Coast to San Francisco, over to Yosemite National Park, through Death Valley into Vegas, back to Disneyland Resort in Anaheim and back to LA.

Disney with the Dufflers - July 2014

This was our last trip as a big group with the Dufflers...take one, if you like. The Dufflers are my Uncle Mark, Auntie Debsy and cousins Sam and Megan We all get on like a house on fire. We travelled as a group of 11 and stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, upgrading to the full Disney Dining Plan.

Disneymoon with the Besties - May/June 2017

This was mine and Neil's honeymoon trip. We got married on Bonfire Night in 2016, and for all sorts of reasons, decided to wait until the following year before going on honeymoon. We spent four nights in New York, three nights at Loews Universal Sapphire Falls Resort, (where we were joined by our best friends for a week) before moving to Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort. We upgraded to the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan.

The Cast for 2019...

I'm sure many of you can identify with the feeling that the plan for your next trip pretty much happens as soon as you get back from the last one... This time, we are a group of 9, not 11... as my sister and her husband aren't coming with us this time. Sad times

So, I introduce to you, the cast...

Me - Tracey - chief Disney planner, itinerary organiser, bargain hunter and general all round Tinkerbell. This was me soaking up the rays at Sapphire Falls last year. God, I loved that hotel.

Neil - Husband, pretends to be a Disney cynic but absolutely loves our holidays to Florida. He likes rollercoasters (but not motion simulators, as we found out last year ) and beer This was him in his element last year, drinking his way around the world in Epcot with his best friend, Ben.

Mum, Karen (nickname, Mutti/Stu) - Loves all things Disney World, quality time with our wonderful family, and having a cheeky few glasses of wine with me This was her on our last trip in 2014, and is my absolute favourite picture of my Mum.

Step-Dad, Martin (nickname, Marty) - Loves our trips to Disney, loves the big coasters, especially Rock N Rollercoaster! Loves a few beers with Neil, and gorgeous meals out on the Dining Plan.

Brother, Oliver (nickname, OB) - Can't wait for our next holiday, like Father, like son, loves the big coasters, amazing food and also likes a few beers now he's 18... not sure how well he's going to cope with the age restrictions while we're over there

And the Dufflers...

Mark, Debsy, Sam and Megan This was them at the end of their last trip in 2016.

The last time we visited Florida as a big group, in 2014, us 9 spent the first week of the holiday together, as my sister, Katie and her husband Jonathan joined us later after spending a few days in New York and Washington DC.

The Plan for 2019...

Our dates: 2nd July till the 16th July. These are the exact same dates we went in 2014. We're creatures of habit and tradition.

Even though the weather was a pain in the backside last time we went in July, there's not much can be done about it, as Megan has exams in May/June next year and most of the party refuse to go in September because of the increased risk of hurricanes. I am well aware that July is also hurricane season... but try telling this to my Mum and Auntie Debsy when pitching dates. So it's a no-go unfortunately.

In 2014, we spent two weeks in Disney, travelling up to Universal for day trips. Taking inspiration from mine and Neil's honeymoon last year, this time, we are spending three nights on site at Universal, staying at Sapphire Falls Resort.

Neil and I fell in love with this place on our honeymoon last year.

We just loved it. The ambiance was fabulous, the pool was brilliant, the water taxi was amazing. It's just got a really wonderful vibe about it as a hotel, not to mention that the bed there facilitated the best night's sleep I've ever had in my life.

After three nights in Universal, we are also, controversially, pending availability, opting for 11 nights at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

It's controversial because as a group, we have only ever stayed at CBR. CBR is home, it's where we stay.

However, there are a few things that have factored into our decision to switch resorts for our upcoming trip.

Firstly, the building works. Yes, I know that CSR is mid construction of the tower, which will not be finished by the time we go, but this is on one site in the resort, as opposed to the continued construction of Riviera on what was Martinique AND the gondola station at CBR.

Secondly, and most importantly, the rooms. CBR has had a soft refurb since we last went but the refurbished rooms at CSR have won us over. They are beaut.

More modern, more sophisticated, more worth the money. I especially love the additions of showers in some of the bedrooms.

And lastly, we kind of fancied a change. This makes me laugh, because one of the issues I had last time with POR was that it didn't feel like home, and the Dufflers had a similar issue when they stayed at SSR, which truly made me think that we'd return to CBR.

But when it came down to it, we all decided that home at Disney, is when we're all together, having a laugh, and enjoying our favourite place on Earth so we may as well try something new.

We had our first Disney planning night last night, and made this crucial decision, following my informative presentation on the current pros and cons of CBR vs CSR.

This was us at mine and Neil's house last night, after a few...and after all our decisions had been made

We will be splitting by family - so the Dufflers in one room, Mum, Martin & OB in another room and me and Neil in the last room.

We are going to be getting the DDP (it better be released now ), and Neil and I are upgrading to the DxDDP and sharing some of our credits (I've been told we can do this now )

We're all crazy excited to get started on the planning process again, and I can't wait to share our plans with you, once we get booked and start the proper countdown.

Over and out.

Tracey xx

Edited at 09:23 AM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List