View Single Post
Old 8 May 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
So with the trip getting closer I thought I'd better get around to booking the Grand Canyon trip.

The plan has been to book it for my actual birthday - what a great way to spend my 40th, right? I wanted the really early tour (6:15am pickup - early starts don't bother me) so I could get back and still go out for dinner.

I nearly booked it a few weeks ago but didn't, and then the USD rate dropped so I held off. On Sunday Ele told me to just get on and book it.

Disaster! The 6:15 tour on my birthday is sold out!

Naturally, being a grown up man, I had a huge sulk and declared the whole trip ruined. Ele, being far more wise than me, talked me around to going the day before with the promise of a lovely relaxing birthday involving not getting up so early and a lovely breakfast somewhere, with perhaps cocktails around a pool or whatever else I wanted to do, followed by a very nice dinner somewhere.

So I reluctantly agreed to this, and we're doing exactly that.

All my own fault, which makes it worse. If it was somebody else's fault I would be quite happy blaming them!
Oh dear! Is it worth just looking at a different tour operator instead? There will be loads of options with similar time - we ended up not doing it this time because all the operators were early starts and we are not morning people so don't give up if thats what you want to do x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List