View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

First timer looking at booking July or Aug next year. Just some qs and something that may help you

Hi All

LTL FTP.

I've been looking at booking a Florida holiday for about 18 months now. I'm yet to actually book something. Im mainly waiting for my son to get a little taller so we can go on more things. It will be me the Mrs and a really headstrong and excitable boy(Just turned 4). Im looking at 14 nights right now. But I suspect that might change to 9 or so nights at Disney then 4 nights somewhere a little cheaper to do Universal and anything else we fancy. It would absolutely have to be in the UK school holidays(The Mrs is a teacher)

The last time I went was in the mid nineties and I was 8(i think). I don't remember much. The Summit Plummet, Muppets 3D and Splash Mountain i definitely have vivid memories of. I stayed at All Star Music(ASMu) and remember the bus service being so easy and convenient, there is no way we aren't staying on site. That and things like the refillable drinks make it a no brainer for me.

For this trip I was looking at All Star Movies(ASMo) or Art Of Animation(AoA).

ASMo because of the Toy Story and 101 Dalmatians theming(a couple of his favourite films right now). The distance from things does worry me a little(though I don't remember ASMu being that bad for waiting around on transport)

AoA had the same appeal(though mum has tried to get him into the little mermaid but he doesn't like it). We would of course prefer differently themed room, but its not a deal breaker. The sky-liner is a massive bonus. We go skiing quite frequently so we are all very much used to using them.

I picked these two mainly for the magic(and the price) of them. But seeing the price of Caribbean beach right now im thinking about boking that.

I've done a fair amount of research(shout out to DFBGuide, TheTimTracker and you guys). So I feel like I'm quite clued up on lots of things.

I do have some things you guys could help with though.

A lot of these wont be an exact science so I'm happy with others experiences.

The offers that are currently on. How good are they relative to what is usually offered at the same time in previous years? DDP is the obvious drawback here. We aren't massive eaters so I'm not sure if the DDP would be a good thing for us.

Is Caribbean beach a good choice for the three of us?

I've heard that the last two weeks in August are some of the best times to go. The US kids have gone back to school but Brits are still off. Is it true its a good time to go?

What resort would be best for a group of 2x2 parents and 2 kids(2x2+2)? AoA seems the obvious choice. But maybe im missing something.

How is it best to book something 2x2+2. Im hoping for some left field suggestions like two separate bookings with a 2 person booking here and a 4 person booking here.

A final musing, What are peoples thoughts on what impact covid would have at around the time I plan to go. I know this is massively speculative at the moment and I don't want to start a riot with my first post. Maybe a score out of 10 is a good indicator of peoples thoughts on the subject.

I've only been using the official Disney booking page to get prices. I did check places like Virgin and BA but they seemed to be exactly the same prices. Is there another place anyone recommends?

Thanks in advance!

FAcup

Edited at 08:57 PM.
FAcup14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List