View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinygog
slightly serious Dibber

Table Hoggers in Coffee Shops

I went into a Costa the other day with 3 of my family and we struggled to get a seat. In the end we pushed a couple of tables together so we could sit down with each other. Whilst sitting there I noticed people sitting at tables without even a drink with laptops open and working away. They often had earphones in, with papers spread across a table, tapping away on a laptop. Even if they did buy a drink to use the place, they obviously finished it a while ago, but seemed quite happy to sit there for ages working away. By the time we had finished and left a lot of the same people were still in there on their laptops. No-one working in Costa seemed to notice/care. It seemed from a business point of view not a good situation. Why would you let people sit for ages and ages working at a table when other customers could come in, see no free tables, and leave? Does anyone else notice this, or is this annoyance to me just another string to my grumpy old man bow?

WDW: 2002, 2004 & 2008
DLP: 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2017 (Xmas) & 2018
Tinygog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List