View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

30 Years Later and I Haven't Murdered Him Yet California Tour - May 2017

DH and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in May this year so wanted to do something special to celebrate the fact that I am not in prison for murder

We had a trip to California 11 years ago with our two boys spending 5 nights in Anaheim and 5 nights in San Diego and absolutely loved it. Since then we have been desperate to go back to San Diego and I have always wanted to go to San Francisco so a California Road Trip plan was formed.

We have had several flights now with Thomas Cook, twice to Florida and once to New York and have been very pleased with the experience, so when they announced that they would be starting a route direct to San Francisco from Manchester, and then did a flash sale for £299 return flights on the exact dates we wanted to go we couldn't refuse

This is the plan so far, with some details still to be sorted. Most of the hotels have been booked through hotels.com or booking.com and all are pay on arrival at the hotel with free cancellation so we can change our mind right up until the last minute about where we want to go and what we want to do.

Sunday 14 May - fly Manchester to San Francisco
3 nights in San Francisco staying at either the Argonaut in Fisherman's Wharf or the White Swan Inn in Union Square (both hotels through booking.com and with 4% cash back on Quidco)

17 May - fly San Francisco to San Diego - (still need to research and book flights)
3 nights in San Diego staying in a Corner Bay View Suite at Springhill Suites San Diego Bayfront (booked through hotels.com with 10% cash back on Quidco). We have decided to manage without a car in San Diego as we have been before and are not planning on visiting Sea World or the Zoo again, and are staying right in the centre so will take public transport if we need to.

20 May - pick up hire car in San Diego (not booked yet)
Drive to Santa Monica and stay at the Pico Travelodge for 2 nights (booked through booking.com with 4% cash back on Quidco) - explore Santa Monica/Venice Beach and maybe LA or Griffith Observatory

22 May
Drive to Santa Barbara and stay at the Harbour House Inn for 2 nights (booked direct with hotel)

24 May
Drive to Cambria and stay 1 night at the Rigdon House Hotel (booked through booking.com with 4% cash back on Quidco) - visit to Hearst Castle while here

25 May
Drive to Monterey and stay for 3 nights at the Colton Inn (booked through booking.com with 4% cash back on Quidco) - visit Monterey, 17 mile drive, Carmel, Santa Cruz

28 May
Drive to San Francisco airport for flight home

So, that's the plan up to now with various tweaks to make and activities to decide on in the coming weeks

If anyone has any comments, I would be really grateful

Edited at 10:19 PM.
Fireworks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List