Thread: San diego
View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
As with all of the above really, and you are in very safe hands with the awesomely helpful 'Aims'. Last Easter, we stayed in an Airbnb on Mission Beach. That was a mistake, but not a huge one and on a future visit (there will be one), I would suggest that the centre of the City around Seaport is absolutely wonderful. I do not generally like cities, but fell in love with this one.

I could easily base a fortnight around San Diego as there is simply so much to see and do. After 5 days, we felt that we had planned far too short a stay and with hindsight would have aimed at.. 10!

My trip report 'California N to South at Easter hopefully covers those 5 days reasonably well and you will find that we did a few things that were outside of the usual tourist 'must do's'.

Balboa park was under explored by us.
Leathernecks museum was not visited.
Coronado beach was not visited.
Oceanside needed more time.
La Jolla likewise.

Must do's
Zoo.
Kansas city bar and grill (Topgun bar)
USS Midway
Horse riding in the sea (see trip report)
Harbour cruises (both)
Whale watching cruise (if you have never done one)

Dammit! I gotta go back! The most wonderful modern city in the world that I have yet visited.
Couple of questions for you: what did you like about Oceanside/what would you do there?

We have a whale watching trip booked, is it worth doing a harbour cruise as well? We have about 4/5 days.

Thx
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List