View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Option 1 for me...

I've done many WDW trips and I've never had free DDP, mainly because I solo tripped most of these and the cost/benefit of free DDP isn't worth it for solo travellers. Instead, I usually get a decent discount on my WDW hotel room through offers on the Disney USA website (sometimes with AP discount, sometimes just the regular Spring/Summer/etc discount). Basically the options tend to usually be either free DDP or discounted hotel rooms and for me in the past it has always been more worth it to get the discounted hotel room.

I did try one trip with add on DDP but with the way I eat it's not necessarily worth it to have the DDP - I like snacking, don't always need to eat full meals, and like occasional signature dining experiences (usually do a couple of these per trip).

I've been too spoiled by the ease of being on-site to consider doing an off-site stay, especially as I will not drive in the USA (I don't even drive in daily life these days so can't even imagine trying to drive in a foreign country on the different side of the road).