Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
A Cowboy Christmas: November 2018. Day 4 - Home, Home on the Trains

<<Day 3 - Calamity Gill

Jessie the Yodelling Cowgirl writes:

Howdy pardners! It’s time to join Wild Gill Hiccup and Pardner Pete as they saddle up and hit the homeward trail. Hope you don’t get saddle-sore just readin’ about it! Take it away Gill…

Today was going to be a sad day as it would be our last at DLP, and we wouldn’t even have time to go to the parks! We needed to leave by about 10am so we could get to Gare du Nord to catch our Eurostar. Unfortunately that was the only problem with those £29 tickets – you have to travel at rubbish times! And because it was so late on Thursday when we arrived, it almost felt like we’d been done out of two days in the parks.

So we had decided to take it easy this morning, with a leisurely breakfast, a visit to Salon Mickey and a last browse round the shops.

Unfortunately my body clock was still in ‘park mode’ as I woke at 6am and couldn’t get back to sleep! So I got ready and woke Peter at 7 with a coffee. I did most of the packing while he got ready – let’s face it, packing to go home is a lot quicker than packing to go away! And by 8am we were strolling in to breakfast at the Chuck Wagon.

We presented our free half-board vouchers and asked to upgrade to the buffet breakfast, which cost us 7 Euros each. Again, it was nice to be seated first, rather than have to struggle finding tables with a tray full of food. We definitely approve of that change!

We took it in turns to get our food. Cheyenne now includes hot options in the breakfast, which is a great improvement. We helped ourselves to a selection of hot and cold items, including the usual ‘miel pops’ (honey pops) cereal which you don’t seem to find in the UK any more but is always available in DLP! We took our time and ate as much as we wanted. While the food is not exactly gourmet and certainly couldn’t beat a ‘full English’, there’s all the usual suspects available, and I do like a variety of meats and cheeses at breakfast – very continental I know! Is the breakfast worth full price? (Which I believe is about 13 Euros?) Probably not, but if you are going to fill up at breakfast and skip lunch, it might work out well for you.

It was strange to hear announcements over the PA saying ‘Disneyland Paris is now open!’ I don’t think we have ever been late enough at breakfast to hear that, we like to be first in the park and dance down an empty Main Street. But today we took advantage of our leisurely start. After breakfast we went back to the room for the last few bits of packing, and wrote our comment card. My only comment for improvement was the same as usual – please put kettles in the rooms permanently, us Brits love a cuppa in the morning!
Other parks: Tokyo

Edited at 09:05 AM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List