View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

The Pooles... Head Back To Orlando 2019 Day 11

Today I didn't open my eyes until 7am, I really wanted to stay in bed a little longer but we had made the decision last night to go to Walmart first thing, so I forced myself out of bed. I remember some joker thinking it was funny to ring the house phone at midnight on the dot too!

I made 2 cups of tea that we drank as we got ready and I had a cheeky strawberry yoghurt too. We were out the door at 7.30, not bad for a Saturday morning.

We didn't spend long in Walmart. We got some souvenirs for friends and some croissants for breakfast and I got a couple more spools of ribbon. We also returned some goggles we got on our first Walmart visit. We got 2 sets by mistake and 1 set fell apart when we opened them, it was no bother to return them.

I popped over to the liqour store which said on the website it opened at 8 but on the door it said 9!

Never mind we can do that later. We stopped by the dollar general store again so I could get some melatonin as this is cheaper than Walmart, so I the other 2 got more sweets!

We were home before 9 and Mick did the breakfast while I packed some more. I also did my pool duties and sorted out outside.

We had breakfast same as usual and Grace had the croissants, she enjoyed them too.

We hit the pool and the others were in and out watching football and generally chilling out. We ate leftovers for lunch and I even had a couple of beers, I was on holiday after all 😁

Mick and Grace went in to shower at about 2.30 but I stayed out until 3.i had also been popping in and out doing washing and packing up things we were no longer using.

We were going through with our idea to go to visit the Grand Floridian Hotel this afternoon. I did want to run in to Michael's and the Dollar Tree at Posner Park first, but the others too this well.

We were there by 3.30 and I got some paper for my Christmas card making and some wire wreaths from the dollar tree too for Christmas.

We got back in the car, and we knew there was a crash on the I4 but not a long delay and it only kept us for about 5 minutes, we were soon past it and in our way to Disney World. We had decided to try and blag our way in to the Grand Floridian but if we couldn't we would park up at the Magic Kingdom and pay up rather than going back out to Disney Springs.

This is exactly what happened the man on the gate was very polite but basically it was back to the Magic Kingdom. We soon arrived at the TTC though, and it was boiling hot!

We were not alone in taking a picture of our parking row.

We were baking but we took lots of photos and then got on the monorail and we stopped at the Polynesian. This was super we loved it, and we even had a wander outside.

Back on the monorail and the 2nd bag check lol and round to the Grand Floridian. We were going to stop for a drink but it was already 6 and we were flagging and needed dinner really. This hotel is amazing we absolutely loved it, very grand indeed, gorgeous.

We left and ended up doing the full circle on the monorail. This for us was money very well spent and a really nice way to spend an afternoon. We are glad we made the effort to do it. We arrived back at 7.20 and made the dinner.

To be fair Mick made dinner whilst I acted like a crazy woman trying to pack everything. We were tired and hungry which didn't help but we ate everything we had left and then Grace went to bed.

I still have some stuff to pack but I only have the beds to wash in the morning all the towels are done and the last 2 hand towels can go in with the sheets in the morning.

I am just putting Grace to bed now and then I shall finish up and get some sleep.

Tomorrow we do not fly until 11pm out of Miami. The plan at the moment is to leave here as early as possible and have breakfast at Bob Evans, then drive down to Miami. I have booked a hotel, the Cambia Suites at Blue Lagoon where we stayed last year. This is purely indulgent as we can then make the most of the afternoon, by the pool, relaxing in the room even having a nap before we need to get to the sirport. It is going to be a long old day so this will hopefully make things a bit easier.

Thanks as always for reading along and we will see you tomorrow.. Bye

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List