View Single Post
Old 19 May 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Well as it turns out the cancellation post wasn't depressing at all I'm glad it was relatively easy to sort out and that you've had all your money back. I did chuckle that BA discovered they sent the original email notifying you of the cancelled flight in error. How awful that would have been if it had been a short lockdown, but as you say it's not important now.

I really do hope you get to go on your trip. As I was reading your plans it really made me think I'd love to try driving out in the states as the road trips that you Amanda and Alicia have taken do sound amazing to me. I'll just have to grow a pair and get over the idea of driving.

Tesco wasn't so bad in the end yesterday and I spent a good hour in the back garden with both mum and dad when I delivered their shopping, don't tell anyone so it wasn't all bad.
Haha, no as cancellation experiences go ours has been really positive. And we are determined to stay positive that we can start to re-book soon.

I think you would find that driving in the States isn't as difficult as you might think because the roads are wide and straight mainly. I'm very lucky that Neil LOVES driving out there, so I can pick and choose when I want to, rather than having to do it. I'm not sure that our particular road trip would be great with kids as there will be a lot of car time, but something where you can stay a few days in each place with lots to do could work really well for you as it does for Alicia.

I'm glad Tesco wasn't too bad an ordeal, and your secret's safe with me re mum and dad

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List