View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Finally got around to reading this and making lots of notes from it! What an amazing trip you had planned, I hope you are able to rebook soon. I cannot wait to read the full trip report when you do go.

My planning is in full swing, even though I have no idea when we can go and these even arrived yesterday:

The main book is a lot more confusing to read than I expected but I cannot wait to get stuck in!
I am so excited that someone else on here is planning a similar trip. I would love to hear all about your plans and maybe pick up some more ideas.

Unfortunately, as far as re-booking is concerned, we're just not feeling confident enough to do that at the moment. America is such a mess just now that we can't imagine that we would feel good about travelling around there by April/May next year. I'm holding out hope for later next year though, and this is a trip that will definitely get done... we still talk about it all the time.

The EZ66 is fab once you get to grips with it. I'm excited that you got the individual maps too - we decided not to invest in those but maybe we should have. I've heard so many good things about them.

I don't now how far along you are with your planning, but when using the EZ66, I worked out how many "road" days we would have (I completely discounted side trips), then divided the total miles on the route by the amount of days to see roughly how many miles we could do each day. I then went to the map pages with the mileage bars along the bottom (or top sometimes) of the page and added miles until I got to approximately my daily limit. I would adjust this according to how many stops we planned throughout the day, and if they were long or short stops. This involves quite a lot of juggling of the plan to get it all to fit in. You'll find that some days you can travel further because there's less to see. Read the banner at the top of each page for the actual driving instructions - the main part of the page helps to work out places you may want to visit on the route.

I hope this helps - or you might have a better method of planning which I'd be really interested to hear about. Our plan is still fluid as we'd like to add a couple more days when we re-book so all tips are very welcome. It took me a while to work out how to use the book in the best way that worked for me - I'm sure you'll love it once you figure it all out.

Happy planning!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List