View Single Post
Old 20 May 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Just back from the azura the other week. Didn’t rate the buffet. Was better when we went 7 years ago. We went to the main dining instead and was much better.

Yes p&o are quite “stuffy” when it comes to dressing up. I did wear a dress which I hate but it was kinda nice cos never dress up so it was something a bit different. Was not brilliant was me in heels and I do heels maybe once a year. And I was on a boat so all over the shop how I didn’t break my ankle was a surprise to me.
I did worry about the dress code beforehand but there was a lot of people dressed down even more than me.
They will however ask you to leave certain places on the black tie night. We were in the planet bar and a couple got asked to leave.
I feel like it’s a “when in Rome” type thing and it’s best to go along with everyone.

The last black tie night we had was on our last sea day and we had a very very bad night so was on two hours sleep. I was literally going to he sea sick all morning. If I hadn’t have felt better there was no way I would have dressed up and gone out. Lucky for us I was ok by dinner time.
I would say that unless you are going to the outside bars if it’s really good weather or just the buffets then dress up. It’s not actually that bad.
I’m 30 and it was good fun even though my legs look awful in a dress.

I couldn’t find a dress specifically for black and white night. And there is alway one lady that likes to wear bright red on that night so we always try and spot one.
Also dare I say it I wore the same dress twice on both formal night 😱
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List