Old 21 May 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Hiya

We are going on our first cruise together in July and I have noticed that there are 2 black tie nights in the itinerary

Do we have to dress up on those nights?

We have opted for anytime dining, will there still be a casual restaurant to go to on the black tie nights

Thanks
On formal nights you only have to dress up if you want to use the main dining room and certain bars - they will tell you which ones you can/cannot use on those nights.

You can use the buffet on any evening - you don't need to be in formal wear to use it even on formal nights.

With regards to black and white night you dont have to stick to that - I dont have anything black so I will just wear my posh frocks on formal night - mine are mostly pink etc!

We actually love dressing up for dinner - and will dress up semi-formal for the main dining room.
Hubby will wear smart jeans and a polo shirt on non-formal nights - he wears this in all the restaurants.
I love wearing a dress and heels so I take every opportunity to do so!

IF we go to the buffet I will wear jeans and a nice top etc.

We find that most people dress smartly for dinner - especially on P&O.
Some of the cruises aimed at the americans are less formal in the evening.

I find it frustrating if people turn up scruffy for dinner but at the same time i dont let it affect my holiday!

Enjoy your cruise!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List