Old 23 Feb 09, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Just read all the replies and it seems to be a common opinion bar a few. I have never been to DLP so can not comment. We very nearly booked in March 2007 to get 'a fix' but we costed 11 days in Orlando for very similar and chose that option.

My brother and his family are heading to DLP early March and this will be their first time of any kind of 'Disney Experience' so I hope it proves enjoyable for them.

The one thing that sticks out for me from a conversation I had recently with a friend and fellow Dibber when I asked him about DLP were the words 'emotional attachment' which he explained as the difference for him between DLP & WDW

He said that they had been to DLP in recent years as well as Orlando and used the above phrase to explain what he felt. He said the day he left DLP there wasn't an announce of emmotional attachment but the day he left Magic Kingdom he had to take the time to stand on Main Street Station and take a moment to 'breath in' the surroundings and wonder when or if he will be back.

Now this is from a grown man who probably doesn't show any emotion at anythig else (like me!) but does when it comes to WDW!

BTW, he booked again to go to WDW soon after saying this so no real time to wonder if he would see that castle again!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List