View Single Post
Old 16 May 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a fantastic trip you had planned. I'm a blubbering mess reading all about it. Such a shame that you weren't able to go ahead with it as planned. I'll come back and read the cancellation post later as I just can't face it right now.

Back to the amazing trip you had planned. Great that the premium economy seats were in your price range. Chicago looks like a fantastic city. The little hotels and diners along the way looked fabulous. The blow out hotel in Vegas, what a bargain on the Clubcard points . The sights along the way. If it were me I'd be wanting to take a photo every 5 minutes and so each leg of the journey would have taken much longer.

What a lucky encounter with your friends in Tesco, it's always so annoying when people are stopping for a chat and blocking an aisle a very fortuitous encounter.

I also really enjoyed the history lesson at the start. Ok, so I will read about the cancellation later, but just not now. For now I'm going to just say thank you for sharing your pre trip and all the details of your planning. I'll add your trip report to the list and hope to read all about it some time. Yes I know I'm living in a total dreamworld, but I'm going to keep everything crossed that you get the chance to enjoy your much looked forward to trip and to share your trip with us.

Right, must stop crying as I'm off to Tesco to shop for 4 houses
Aw, don't be upset for us Abby - we know we'll get there someday. I must admit I've had a few emotional moments myself over the last couple of weeks as we've been sort of living the holiday as it would have been happening by having little chats like "this is where we should be today" etc. However, now it's really over (we would have arrived home yesterday), I feel like I'm done with that and I can start to look forward to it all over again.

We were/are very much looking forward to Chicago... we just have a feeling that we'll love it there - so much to see. And all of the small places too, I can't wait to see all of the iconic little towns, shops and motels.

There will be loads of stops along the way so we're really not sure how long each day will take. There are so many things and places to see that I haven't included in the pre-trip so I'm sure that we will be stopping for photos pretty much every 5 minutes!

Goodness, shopping for 4 households on a Saturday during lockdown sounds like the stuff of nightmares - I hope it went well. We managed to nab a home delivery slot this week which was fab and meant I only had to pop to Tesco for my Mum's few bits and bobs this week so I was in and out quite quickly.

Take care Abby, and thank you for reading

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List