pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
Weather can cause delays at the airport you are at, the airport the plane is departing from and any place in between. This is a big country and you cannot always see "weather" out the window. Other planes may have been taking off for places in different directions and would not encounter "weather".

when I fly home from Houston, the flight in the next gate from HOuston to Dallas is often delayed because of weather, not necessarily in Houston. But Dallas has awful storms including tornados and I would much rather be in the airport waiting than circling around my destination.
I do understand that, but in this case:

1) Planes delayed by weather when departing from another Airport is not a reason not to pay out compensation.
2) They said it was a storm in Philly area
3) 24 flights from the same Airline took off, to various locations. 1 from another airline was going to our destination, so that was not an issue either.

1 & 3 I have only learnt recently, hence the reason for my claim.

Anyway no harm in trying, worst case I don't get anywhere. Best case I get my €600 and a few pints from my 6 travelling buddies when they do the same

Lastly, and I have no other reason than my own gut feeling on this, I really do believe it was an excuse on their behalf to cancel flights as they were nowhere near full.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List