View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
I would think it would only be for new Resale buyers, in the past they seem to have grandfathered in rights. I still can't see how it would work, I think they would be more likely to change the booking window for Resale contracts, perhaps no 11 month advantage? Otherwise I can't see how they would be able to cope with the lack of inventory available for Direct owners who want to sample all the resorts.
We are all guaranteed at least 1 month home resort priority. At least that is what the contracts say, I am not convinced anything is guaranteed now.

What we are not guaranteed is an equal 7 months booking at other resorts.

Multiple people are saying they have been told by guides in the last few days that resale buyers will not be able to book 'new' resorts.

If true, I can only think that with Riviera they will be setting up a different type of contract, perhaps a separate club. Then resale buyers will be barred from exchanging inter club.

I would have thought though that creates legal issues- using SSR as an example, if as an SSR owner, I cannot trade into Riviera, why should Riviera owners be able to trade into, and use the facilities I pay for at SSR?

Unless they would say X amount of people own direct points at SSR and thus X amount of the new people at the new resorts can trade into SSR as those direct people can trade out?One would have thought though that would create a bottleneck. I suppose though if they grandfather in current owners, it will be a relatively small percentage of 'new' resale buyers who are hit- albeit that percentage would grow. Then again if they destroy the resale market or badly diminish it, perhaps that number would not grow too quickly.

I think all contracts would go down in resale value- effectively damaging our holdings to try and sell more direct points. I thus hope this isn't what is being planned, as that would mean a multi billion dollar company, that had the only trustworthy timeshare product (which it has made billions from because it is trustworthy) losing trust with so many members. I would also think diminishing resale values would hit direct sales- then again if they are considering this then they will have crunched the numbers and they probably even know a high proportion of people buy on impulse with no research, and give little thought to resale value.

As stated, no evidence of this yet, aside from what multiple people claim to have been told, but I am concerned. I would be even more worried if i was a resale broker.