View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 3 - Volcano Bay

We couldn’t wait to go to VB for the first time as the view from our room at Cabana Bay was of the volcano. The early entry you get from staying at a Universal hotel for VB is far better than using it at US/IOA and the Cabana Bay private entrance is amazing. This really drew us to book there again for next year.

After trying out a lot of the rides (and Krakatau a few times...!) we sat down for some lunch. We got a blue frozen slush, bbq chicken pizza and a shrimp mac n cheese. All of this was nice and we would have it again. Usually waterpark food isn’t great so we were nicely surprised.

After a great day at VB, we chilled at Cabana Bay for a while before heading out to Red Lobster. This has always been a favourite of mine since my first trip when I was 8! I introduced the OH to this in 2016 and he loved it too, so we were both very excited to return. However, as in 2016 we stayed at the DoubleTree at Seaworld and this time were at Cabana Bay, it was easier to go to the Red Lobster closest to Universal rather than the same one as in 2016 (there is another very close to Seaworld). I would say we preferred the feel of the one by Seaworld better, but the food is the same in both.

We were given the biscuits to start as usual, which are more like warm cheesy bread parcels. They are lovely.

For drinks, the OH had a Corona and I ordered a Strawberry Lobsterita which I thought was just going to be a strawberry daiquiri - until it arrived! It was literally the size of my head. 😂 Of course I finished it off though... (with a little help!).

For mains we had a couple of platters to share. The first, ‘the ultimate feast’, was a seafood one with lots of prawns including walt’s favourite shrimp (the best!), a lobster tail and snow crab claws, while the second was steak with mash. Both were very nice. Highly recommend this place.

We then got an uber back to Cabana Bay and rested up ahead of Universal the next day!

Edited at 10:11 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List