View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Day 7 - Universal/IOA/Citywalk/All Star Music check-in/Disney Springs

Wow, this was a busy day! About two weeks before our holiday Disney added EMH to the day we planned to rope drop Animal Kingdom for FOP so we decided to book a Disney value resort for one night (more on that later).

We begun the day with a quick trip around US/IOA and tried our first ever butter beer! We went for the frozen version and decided to share one as we had heard they were sickly - we were glad we decided to do this as it was lovely but I definitely don’t think either of us could have drank any more!

We then decided on Toothsome in CityWalk for lunch. We shared some cheese steak spring rolls, truffle fries and a bbq chicken flat bread:

I am sad to say that we weren’t that impressed with this meal. I know lots of people love Toothsome and we had some chocolate from here later in the holiday which was lovely, but feel like that may be their strong point rather than the meals. There was nothing wrong with the meal at all, we just felt you could get a lot more (and nicer) for your money elsewhere.

On our way back to Cabana Bay to get ready to move over to the mouse for the night, we spotted a very small queue in Voodoo Doughnut (which is usually heaving!). I opted for Dirt which was AMAZING, but the OH ordered a Butterfinger which was a cake donut. At that moment we learnt that we like yeast donuts, and not cake donuts! That one unfortunately went in the bin and we don’t have a photo of it. This was Dirt:

We then caught an Uber to our Disney hotel for the night, All Star Music. If you have seen some of my other posts you will know that although this was ‘okay’, we were glad we weren’t staying more than one night. The carpet in the room smelt really stale and we were given a room on the ground floor despite our prior request (I know they can’t always be honoured) and as a cheerleading championship was taking place, they were practising right outside our bedroom window until after midnight when we had to be up at 6am to rope drop AK for FOP!

Anyway, the OH got us a cute Mickey Mouse bottle opener from the shop at All Star Music and a couple of bottled strawberry daquiris. They were actually really nice:

We then headed off to Disney Springs (for the first time since it changed from Downtown!) and after the OH’s wallet took a beating in Pandora 😳 we went to eat at D’Luxe Burger. This was really good. We had one Barbecue Burger, one Buffalo Chicken Sandwich and shared a large fries. As you can see, we had a LOT of the sauces! They were very good.

This was one of our favourite meals of the holiday - excited to come back here again next year but sad that you don’t get the fries included as a QSDP credit!

We then went to get a good rest ahead of a packed day coming up...

Edited at 12:21 AM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List