View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 19, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I think the more I think about this the greater my defence grows...

The only way you get consistency is by doing the same things...

McDonalds is the greatest example of consistency. No matter where you are in the world eating at McDonalds is exactly the same. It’s down to them having the same menu, the food supply chains, same training methodology, same management methodologies, the control the franchise incredibly tightly. Everything from the food, taste, service and experience is very consistent.

Next is youR Frankie and Bennies / Perkins / Longhorns. I tend to find because again you have the same food supply chains and menus you do get a level of consistency but the food is now more complex and its hard to control the preparation. The service can vary because its more complex by nature. People are paying more and expecting more. The bar is raised compared to your McDonalds. But largely these big chains manage to control the offer and keep reasonable consistency.

Then you get Disney World with its hundreds of restaurants, all offering varied and complex menus, with varied and complex supply chains, each restaurant while being under the Disney umbrella is a mixture of privately owned places, Disney owned places and chains. The management of each restaurant is largely unique, the training is bespoke to each location.

Do you see the picture I am painting here... I think consistency is an unreasonable demand.

If I visited 14 different independent restaurants over two weeks outside of Disney I reckon on average find a similar level of variety in terms of food quality, service and experience.

I think you should be wary of doing down the lack of consistency too much. I think while consistency may be an “issue” the prize is variety. And a level no other “theme park” attempts to get close too.

Edited at 01:10 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List