View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyFan
Earning More Ears

Sleeping In A Safari, An Animal Kingdom Lodge Adventure - Day 1 Animal Kingdom

We normally always start our first day at the Magic Kingdom but today there is extra morning hours at Animal Kingdom so we thought we would switch up our schedule to go see Avatar land.

Waiting to get into Pandora.. there's just a few people here

Absolutely stunning

Haven't queued for this long in a long time. Edit: it was only a 10 minute wait in the end.

That was the most incredible ride ever! Completely understand the hype. Couldn't stop smiling throughout.

Gotta take a selfie.

Classic photo in front of the Tree of Life

Next stop Kilimanjaro Safari. Always good to go early on in the morning where most of the animals are the most active.

Baby hippo

We have headed back to Pandora for a fast pass on the Navi River Journey.

The river journey was sweet and beautiful but I'm glad we didn't wait the 90 minute wait for it!

I having been dying to try this drink since I first saw it online. The nightblossom did not disappoint.

Magical shot. Not quite where we were pointing 😂

Next stop Expedition Everest! One of my favourite rides.

Lunch at flame grilled bbq. We had a crane trying to steal our food. Safe to say I was scared!

Off to Kali River Rapids now. Will be good to cool down in this muggy weather.

Those of you who know me or have read my trip reports before will know how Finding Nemo the Musical is my all time favourite musical. The music is amazing and I love the set and puppets. Can't wait for it to begin.

Time for a trip through time on dinosaur

Next up Festival of the Lion King. Love the music in this show.

We are now at Yak and Yeti for our evening meal.

I'm having the biggest portion of lo mein I've ever seen.

Mum and dad are both having a lobster, shrimp garlic pasta with scallops.

A very tired Tasha is waiting for the rivers of light show. Haven't seen this before so will be interesting to see!

I found Rivers of Light quite cute and the technology was very clever. However I felt it lacked in storyline and was rather short. Off back to the hotel now for a good nights rest.

MickeyFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List