Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Christmas Day!

Yesterday we had popped back to Panera Bread to buy the holiday loaf we had previously seen. We all tucked into this for breakfast.

We put a small amount of butter on to make this a little more (*apologies in advance to those who don't like this word) - moist! It smelt lovely and sweet and there was gooey apple running through it. It tasted like a combination of a fruit loaf and a pastry. We all enjoyed it.

We had a morning swim (as you do on Christmas Day!) then showered etc and a few mouthfuls of M&M's may have been consumed from the different bags in the kitchen!

Spinners
At the Grand Plaza - St Pete Beach

For lunch we had made a reservation here. We had wanted to do something "different" on Christmas Day so we all agreed to go to the beach. My parents had never been here before, so this was ideal for them.

We had previously enjoyed our stay at the hotel but had never been to this restaurant. Our first choice would have been Bongo's but as you can't pre book, had no idea what it would be like on Christmas Day and didn't want to risk having a massive wait or going hungry. Spinners has excellent reviews on Trip Advisor so we decided to opt for this.

Wow! It didn't disappoint. As it is a 360 revolving restaurant the views were constantly stunning and the food was delicious.

There was a set festive menu.

Bread and salads were included

Our mains of prime rib and chicken. The men raved about the flavour and quality.

The chicken tasted better than it looked!

I can't find the photo of my salmon at the moment. But it was delicious. (Edited to add - I'm now thinking I may have forgotten to actually take the photo. Doh. Epic fail!)

Kids prime rib x2

Desserts

Service was excellent and would happily recommend here. When the bill arrived we were pleasantly surprised. Well worth it for what we had, on the date we ate and still cheaper than our meals on site at Disney.

Bongos

We then had a lovely walk on the beach followed by drinks at Bongos before watching the sunset. Can't beat this view. With my favourite people in one of our favourite places.

We agreed that this has been one of the best Christmas days ever. Lots of happy memories made.

Mrs P

Edited at 02:41 PM.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List