View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I'm a regular head for points reader, and my understanding of it is that it needs to be a minimum of 24 months, so if he refers you in July you won't be eligible for the welcome bonus (but obviously your husband will still get the referral bonus).

We have decided we are just going to refer each other regularly, probably every 6 months, rather than leaving 2 years of having no Amex. Will still get referral points, plus the 2 free lounge club passes, so will try and tie that in to when we're going away. With the way Amex has changed the welcome bonus terms and conditions meaning you have to have a clear 2 years between cards, we are unlikely to rack up enough points to make it worth getting the card where you get the 2 for 1 companion voucher for example, so I suspect our long haul "free" business class flight days are now over.
I thought I read somewhere on here that Amex have put a stop to the 6 month flipping
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List