Old 21 Jan 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Isn’t it funny that we both might be on QSDP!? I also thought it would be something I’d never do, but I’m actually really excited about the freedom of it right now. I had decided no ADRs at all after initially planning a few but as my planning steps up I’m having my heard turned a bit, so goodness knows what we’ll end up with. Nik mentioned Le Cellier the other day and he’s the last person I thought would be pushing for upgrading to DDP.

Are your flights direct? What a bargain getting PE! I have been saving my Clubcard points for Avios with BA for years now and I’m still not seeing any spectacular savings on their reward flights.

I hope you love CBR, I thought it was a fabulous resort, and I think the building themselves are very reminiscent of OKW. By the time you arrive the Skyliners should be open and the Riveria construction will only be internal and landscaping (if even that), so you should have a wonderful stay. For what it’s worth, I absolutely loved Jamaica and I didn’t feel like the Skyliner station was too close or would be any issue once it’s open.
I was very surprised that you were going with QSDP! We’ll see if it sticks though .

Our flights are direct with Virgin which is always our preference. I have a Virgin credit card and pay for all the big things on it, like flights and Disney accommodation. The points soon add up.

I do like CBR, we’ve stayed there a couple of times, but I just don’t see the appeal of the Skyliner. It’s less about the construction which as you say will be done and more about the Skyliner itself. I feel it’s going to ruin the relaxed feel of CBR. I think the whole thing is a big eyesore. I don’t want to moan though as I do like CBR and I’m hoping it doesn’t have too much of a negative effect on it.

I have some PPI claims in so maybe we’ll get back to OKW which is our favourite.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 08:05 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List