View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

We’ve just moved to our second house. It’s mortgaged. We pay quite a lot a month for it. It’s only 1 year old. It’s a 4 bed, 3 wash rooms (this I hate as I would love only 1 for the cleaning!) big kitchen and living room. The garden is big, garage and a 2 car drive way. This is in Nottinghamshire.
It’s more money than I would have liked to have spent on a house but the mortgage is good at 2.04%.

We have moved from a 2 bed mid terrace in South Yorkshire. It was 2 up 2 down. Garage at end of the street. No actual parking and it was untarmac road. We were quite close to paying it off at one point. Unfortunately when we bought it at just turned 19 we were very naive. We took mortgage advise from a bank that didn’t put any off that in writing and ended up with a 6.34% mortgage rate. Didn’t understand or have enough money to buy out of the mortgage.

I feel very lucky to be where we are right now. Even though we,especially hubby, has worked so damn hard for it, I do feel like it’s luck too.

What is slightly annoying me is in the back of my mind says over pay the mortgage. The other part says live and take the kids places and do things while they are little now that we finally can give them all these things.

Edited at 09:30 PM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List