View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow a vast difference in prices / areas. It’s rather eye watering some of the house prices.
We bought our house 16 years ago. Luckily my husband renovated our first home and we made a tidy profit allowing us to buy this one. Unless we downsize (or win the lottery) we won’t move again. We can walk into town, walk to the hospital, walk to the main park & Haigh Hall so it’s a good location. We can also walk to the train station, great schools too everything within a 20 min walk. We were the last people to move onto our avenue so I have no idea how much our house would sell for now. No one moves as it’s such a great/handy location. We bought it for £190K and we have put an extension on the back so it has an open living, dining & kitchen area with an office (that our middle son uses as his gaming room) and a playroom that was once the garage. Large front garden with drive way for two cars and a decent back garden.
However our back garden backs onto the railway line so would effect the property value.
With the money we spent on the extension I imagine we will brake even but we won’t move anyway
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List