View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I seem to remember your daughter may not have good hypo awareness? But I may have that wrong. If so, That’s something to be very honest about when she completes the health questionnaire.

I have never had a face to face appointment (as far as I know) but I would assume that DVLA would write to consultant or GP if she has given certain answers regarding her numbers.

I never had a problem getting my licence but that was almost 30 years ago. She will have to renew it every 1, 2 or 3 years for her whole life (unless the rules change).

There are things you have to do before and when driving, make sure blood sugar is over a certain level, as a minimum test every 2 hours (I think, she should check, I do it much more often).

If she has more than a certain number of hypos where she needs assistance in a certain period she will have to surrender her licence.

I have only restarted driving about eight months ago after stopping for four years for some of the reasons above.

Good luck to your DD