View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
We're West Midlands and kids start back on the 6th. That's a great price
Yep my DS is usually back on 7th or 8th but just waiting for confirmation from the school because knowing our luck we will book then they will change it this year and go back the week before

My only other "reason" that is stopping me booking is the London Flights. I have priced up the cost of Parking, a hotel the night before the flight and a coach transfer between Gatwick & Heathrow (if we use Bozzas tip of parking at heathrow so the car is in the right place for the return!) and depending if we stay in a hotel at the airport or just off airport the total cost is coming in between £225 & £375 extra meaning the price pushes up in total to probably somewhere between £2400/£2500 and I am wondering if we could pick something up in that price point from Manchester if I wait!

I checked and in 2018 we did Leeds/Bradford > Heathrow > Miami return with car (3 weeks) simian time of year and it was just under £2700. I would pay that again for the convenience of Leeds/Bradford only being 20mins from home BUT BA have pulled our of LBA at present, I doubt they will be back there for a good few years which puts us at Manchester... still preferable than the travel to London but I think the options out of Manchester now are so limited that the price point is pushed up so it might have to be London.

So difficult trying to guess at the best of times... let alone in the current cover times
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List