View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Fair enough.

But officially, on TSA's official twitter account, the TSA have stated (and I quote) "this item is still considered a replica and is not allowed in carry-on or checked bags". You might not trust it, but the TSA have stated that they are "not allowed".

Every other legitimate news source is reporting this confirmation from TSA's official twitter account stating that these are officially banned. I guess it's up to the individual whether they trust what TSA have stated on their twitter account and several news media have repeated or not.

Like I said, it's like the old "middle names on the ESTA" saga. Officially the TSA have stated that the name on the ESTA must agree with the passport - if the passport contains the middle name then the ESTA must also contain the middle name. However, although that it the official line from the TSA, in practice it doesn't seem to make any difference. No one has been stopped for not including their middle name and I wouldn't expect them to be stopped.
If you bother to read their later posts about them they now just refer people to the 'official statement' I linked to earlier. They are allowed to change their stance on these things.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List