View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I went to Vegas a few years ago on one of my solo trips! I got a bargain €70 day trip to the south rim. It was a long day but totally worth it!

I did a lot of walking - though it was February so a lot cooler! I also did a zipline trip - an experience never to be repeated

Have a fab trip!
Thanks Mel!

Originally Posted by dozy View Post
sounds fab - we went for my 40th but on a budget
Oh I'm definitely on a budget - don't let the class of travel fool you!

Originally Posted by G54321 View Post
Sounds fantastic! Love Vegas been twice and would go back again. I also have a special birthday this year but a decade on top of yours! We are doing a BA 241 deal too, going to Dubai for a week, first class outward leg and business class return. Interested in hearing more about your tips for building Avios as I’ll qualify for another 241 voucher this year but will need to boost the Avios points considerably as used most of them for this trip.
Grand Canyon trip is amazing, last one we did was with Pink Jeep tours and it included drive to canyon, stop at hoover dam, helicopter to base, boat trip up Colorado river and skywalk (entrance fee extra but we loved this). Have a great time.
That'll be a good trip - Dubai is great, although I've only ever been there for work.

I don't have any massively secret tips or anything - it's all based around churning cards between the 2 of us. I.e. I refer Ele for a Gold card (earning both a referral bonus for me and a spending bonus for her), then cancel mine, and 6 months later she refers me for it again ad-nauseum. Repeat for both the Gold Preferred Rewards Amex, and the BA Premium Amex. All day-to-day spends go on those cards, and anything I buy online is done via the Avios shopping portal.

There are rumours afoot that the 6 month window for re-applying is going to become a lot longer though, which will make it all a LOT harder. If they do that, I'll probably give up collecting them. I've got one more voucher to trigger imminently, and enough Avios to get to NYC and back in Club.