View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Been looking at how to get from the airport to the hotel, and back again.

I think I'm satisfied that there is such a thing as a 5-person cab so that'll do from airport to hotel. If not, UberXL will probably be ok.

Going back though is not straightforward due to the fact it is New Years Eve... Waiting for an empty 5-person cab to happen to drive past our hotel is not an option. Uber XL is an option, but with it being NYE and it being Friday rush-hour at the time we want to go, it's highly likely they will be surge pricing, and that could double the cost - or maybe even more.

I looked at Blacklane as I've used them before. I hoped they would have a Black Friday sale as they have done previously but they haven't, and their website says with a straight face that it would cost $265. The day before would be $200 so there's a large NYE tax there.

HolidayTaxis did have a black friday sale that seemed to vary between 20 and 35% everytime I did a search. I eventually booked an "economy transfer" that says its for 5 people for about £75. You don't get to put the pickup time, just your flight departure time. Then the voucher they emailed me after I paid said they will pickup at 19:30. Our flight is at 22:00. Allowing an hour for getting to the airport (easily can happen), then that gets us there at 20:30 - only 90 minutes before our flight. Obviously we need to be there 3 hours before.

So I've emailed them and hopefully they'll reply and sort it out!

Hi Neil ,

Would Supershuttle or Dial7 be an option?
I cant check prices as they need the info to estimate it.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List