View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

We did Man-Phl-Mia-Mco
a couple of years ago and all went well until getting ready to land in Miami when they said they had a thunderstorm (Aug)a couple of hours earlier and the airport had closed for 1 hour.
When we landed (7.30pm) we were still in plenty of time for our flight at 9pm but as we got off the plane we were told our 9pm flight had been cancelled. we were told to go to the rebooking office as there was an 11pm flight, as you can imagine there were around 200 people waiting in line who were also booked onto that 9pm flight who had flown in from other parts of the world. it was just gone midnight when we reached the check in and were told we could go on STANDBY for the 9PM flight the next day as all other flights were full. We decided to hire a car and drove the 5 hours to Mco arriving around 7AM where thankfully they had put our bags on the 11pm flight so were in the luggage claim office. You need to be very careful as I new as we had not taken that last flight and completed our journey they had cancelled all our return flights which I managed to reinstate but with some difficulty. but I would assume this does not happen too often and we were just unlucky
uk_mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List