View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Hotel booked, now for the rest!
Sorry, that went on a bit and all we established is we are staying at AKL...
Check in will be Thursday 15th August for 14 nights, picked the end of summer hols as that little bit quieter than July/early August historically. So now all I had to do was wait for the magical 11 month mark for flights - or so I thought.
DH suddenly pipes up with 'we could do Universal too this time'...😱🤔
Now don't get me wrong, this is great news as we skipped it last trip with DD only being 4. However, DH had said categorically this time round we would be having one day on, one day off when it came to Disney. The only answer I could see? Extend the holiday of course!
I liked the idea of express passes and toyed with one night or two at either RPR or HRH to take advantage of this. We had previously booked a break at RPR but had to cancel when I found out I was pregnant, so would be great to try this for the first time!
I looked at price differences between the two and although HRH was a little more, I really fancied this and DH is a guitar playing rocker in a previous incarnation so why not? 😄 Thinking two nights at the start of the holiday in this beauty

I did wonder whether to tag it onto the end of the holiday, but wanted to leave Disney until last 😊
Next thing I know flights are available - here we go...
So with Disney check in planned for 15th, wanted to fly out 13th, 2 nights at HRH and return 29th. Ah, the eternal Virgin or BA question..unless closely tied it was going to come down to 💲💲💲💲
I did look at Norwegian too as we are happy to fly from Gatwick, but I was too chicken in the end after reading the horror stories about their uselessness when flights were changed or cancelled
Having still not seen a price I was happy with for HRH I looked at booking this in the same package as flights, which would also mean I could pay deposit only for now 👍
We had only flown short haul with BA in past and not had an issue and when we went to Florida in 2016 this was with Virgin in PE in the bubble and loved this. I had looked at TUI too for the Dreamliner but not a contender due to our 16 night trip.
Virgin were crazy prices for August but BA seemed much more reasonable. Even for their WTP cabin it was still in the ball park I was expecting and similar to what Virgin wanted for economy!
With that, BA seemed to be the forerunner. Was ready to book and then..

What's This?
Club World return for £300 extra?! Really? !

Now just to give a bit of context/background here by this point I had received a small inheritance and we had never had the opportunity to fly business class before so I thought why the heck not? The beds would be great on return leg especially with a two hour plus drive back from Gatwick on landing! Decision made - but would they offer the 2 nights at HRH too?

Edited at 10:41 PM.
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List