View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 16, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
General Plans

I will give a quick run down of what the plans are for Vegas but I won’t go into it too much as I know it belongs in another forum!

We plan on visiting a few of the hotels, I definitely want a gondola ride at the Venetian and to ride the rollercoaster at NYNY. A helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon, a ScootCity tour of the strip, a History Channel tour which takes you to the Pawn Shop, Counts Kustoms, ATM and a few other places all which are featured in various programmes we watch on the History Channel. We want to visit Freemont Street and do the zipline there, eat lots of food, drink lots of alcohol, catch some shows, shop and of course, gamble! I’ve been using the MyVegas apps so hopefully will get some freebees out of that too!

Zipline looks so amazing!

Whilst staying on I-Drive we plan to take it relatively easy to recover from the craziness of Vegas!
We want to go back to Discovery Cove but without the dolphin swim this time, possibly do the dive thing instead but I’m really unsure about that as those helmets look really claustrophobic and it scares me a lot! Can anybody advise what they feel like on?!
We will visit the outlets, compete in mini golf and maybe visit the aquarium too but it will be an easy going few days I’m hoping! Maybe even some lie ins!

And then we move onto our Universal stay where the theme park fun starts!
We stayed at the Hard Rock last time for 1 night to make to most of the early entry and the express passes so I’m excited to enjoy those again for an extra night! We only needed 1 night last time but with the HP expansion I know I need more time! And hopefully we will get some pool time in this time since I forgot to take our swim gear for our overnighter last time!

I absolutely cannot wait to see Diagon Alley and the train journey between the two. The new King Kong ride should be open then (hopefully! Pleeeaaase! ) I really hope they put express pass on that thing cause the queues are gonna be mental! The Transformer ride wasn’t open when we were last there either so that will be another new experience for us!

Halloween... halloween. Last time we went I (on purpose) made sure we went after the Halloween season was over cause I wasn’t keen but this time I can’t avoid it! But Ross and I made a deal... I will go to the HHN and he will go to MNNSHP...in fancy dress. Pretty good deal. But I have been going off the idea recently...

Let me tell you a little story about me (soz) I feel like I need to tell you this life story to try and justify my fear!... I am and always have been a massive wuss, a total pansy, a scaredy cat. I cried in the ghost train in Blackpool Pleasure Beach when I was a kid, the episode of Buffy where she was in hospital and that scary dude was killing the doctors and stuff...I had to sleep in my mums bed for a week after that! I hate horror films, always have done. When I was 19 a group of us girls went to Blackpool, the other girls in the group decided to do that haunted house thing with the live actors, I knew that I was stupid to do it so I went and waited in the pub where you exit the haunted house after being chased through the exit door by leather face. So I’m sitting in this entirely empty, kinda creepy pub waiting for them all by myself but it’s fine cause at least I’m not in there. Fast forward a year and we all go back to Blackpool with our fellas at the time and talk comes to this haunted house. I was somehow persuaded to go in it this time (dragged kicking and screaming). Well... we go in and get taken downstairs to be given the safety brief...’don’t touch the actors, they won’t touch you, don’t run’ etc etc...I start crying! And didn’t stop the whole way around, it was horrific! At one point I hear the nightmare on elm street music and didn’t want to go any further cause ‘Freddy’s gonna get me’. When leather face chases us out of the door the pub is jam packed with people and there’s me hyperventilating with mascara all down my face looking fly. Great!

This hell hole! Don't do it!

Do you think I could handle HHN?! Since then I have matured more and thought I could cope with it..until recently. A friend told me to watch Hannibal the TV series cause it’s ‘really good and not scary’. The films didn’t scare me too much so I thought well why not. She lied. Ross works shifts and is often on 2pm-10pm so there would be nights where I’d put the kids to bed then come downstairs and shut myself in the living room till he came home too scared to move thinking that somebody was going to break into my house and brutally murder me, anxiety attacks and general fear of any noise in the house would send me over the edge, fun times! The episode with the girl under the bed... if you’ve seen it you’ll know what I mean! Ross had to check under the bed every night before I went to bed with the light on. Like a full on crazy I persevered and finished all three series and have been done with it for about a month and a half and since then my general fear of life and being alone in the house has nearly gone but HHN? I dunno... we will see!

This guy... is an a-hole. I don't like him!

Anyway... that was probably a ridiculous and unnecessary story and y'all are probably judging the hell outta me right now but at least you all know how mentally damaged I am and might not think I'm being unreasonable for giving HHN a swerve Ross is still trying to persuade me though! We'll see...

Moving on to Disney..
I’m so mega excited to stay at the Beach Club! Walking distance to Epcot...yes please! We didn’t get to visit the Board Walk last time so we can easily do that this time. A boat ride over to DHS. Just not having to endure an hour on the bus or a $40 taxi to get to a Disney park is gonna be great!

We have something very exciting planned for the 18th October. We have booked Randy Chapman for a photoshoot on the Board Walk! This is where my 2nd wedding dress comes in that I mentioned earlier. We have wearing our wedding attire for the photo (a compromise for not being able to have a proper Disney wedding) My actual wedding dress is very full skirted and won’t be easy to take anywhere so I managed to pick up a bargain sample gown by Mark Lesley that is more fitted and takes up a lot less space than my other dress. The dress shop I found it in actually used the dress in a Rapunzel style shoot so it’s technically a ‘Disney Dress’. I really want to book hair and make up for the photos so need to look into that and make enquiries!

This is the beauty, it's not quite as gold looking in real life

We want to do MNNSHP, the dressing up depends on me manning up for HHN as per our deal and whether Disney change the rules again, I hope they do! I’d already started buying my costume! Come on Disney, let the big kids dress up too!

There are a few new attractions since we last went. The entire new Fantasy Land for a start! It opened the day after we went home on our last trip which I was gutted about so I’m excited to see it and to use the Tangled loos! Weird right? Very.

Exciting toilets!

7DMT is new, Test Track will be open this time, new Star Wars themed areas, Disney Springs...yey new stuff!

Already started making lists of restaurants and food we want, think I will cover those next. Roll on April for ADR day!

Thanks for reading this first mamoth post, lots of info so congrats if you're still here!
Till next time
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List